About Acana Grain Free Dog Food (Senior) 11.4kg
Acana Senior Dog Food 13kg. Acana recognises the need for your senior dog to eat a diet rich in meats (60%), fats, vegetables (20%) and vitamins to stay at the peak of health, vitality and immunity. Mimicking the diet Mother Nature has prepared your dog for, Acana Senior Dog is low in high glycemic grains and carbohydrates to prevent blood sugar spikes, obesity and diabetes. Acana Senior Dog is packed with Grade A local eggs, protein-rich free-run Cobb chicken, and wild-caught flounder from North Vancouver Island.
Acana dog food is based on 5 principles:
1. A large selection of fresh meat: based on the natural dietary requirements of dogs with a broad range of different animal proteins: poultry, wild-caught fish and natural ranch lamb. Ingredients: Dried chicken (34%), shredded oats, boneless chicken (12%), potatoes, peas, chicken liver (3%), whole eggs (3%), deboned flounder (3%), chicken fat (3%), pea fibre, sun-dried Alfalfa, herring oil (2%), whole apples, whole pears, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, spinach, cranberries, blueberries, kelp, chicory root, juniper berries, angelica root, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaves, lavender, Enterococcus faecium.
2. Rich in meat and proteins: for great health and wellbeing. Tailored to a short intestinal tract and metabolising animal proteins and fats.
3. Low carbohydrate content and no grains: Dogs are predominantly carnivores. Carbohydrates increase blood sugar levels and convert into glucose, which leads to obesity and diabetes.
4. Fresh fruit and vegetables: whole, freshly picked fruits and vegetables from the local region that are rich in natural vitamins and minerals.
5. Invigorating herbs and plants: plant roots, grasses and flowers that aid the metabolism, the organs and nervous system, as well as filtering out toxins by boosting the liver's natural cleaning process.