About Gardman Pre-Filled No Grow Seed Mix Feeder - 270g
Get started with feeding birds in your garden quickly and easily, with a Gardman Pre-Filled No Grow Seed Mix Feeder.
This pre-filled bird feeder is also sold without seed as the Gardman Flip Top Seed Feeder. Developed in partnership with the British Trust for Ornithology, the feeder is designed to be as simple as possible to refill and clean out. Cleaning bird feeders regularly is important, as it helps to prevent the transmission of disease between birds using the feeder. We recommend checking that the food is fresh and dry daily, discarding any wet food as it may harbour harmful bacteria. Feeders should be cleaned on a regular basis, using a bird safe cleaning product like Johnson's Clean 'n' Safe Disinfectant for Birds.
The pre-filled seed in this feeder is Gardman No Grow Seed Mix. The blend includes energy packed Sunflower Hearts, Peanut Bites and Suet as well as seeds selected to prevent discarded or dropped food from germinating and growing in your garden. Birds that will enjoy this seed mix include Blue Tits, Robins and Chaffinches.
When you are ready to refill this feeder, please note that the size and shape is suitable for most regular seed mixes, including Peckish Natural Balance Seed Mix, although it will not be suitable for smaller sized seeds, including Nyjer Seed.
Quick Tips for Attracting More Birds to Your Garden:
- Refill depleated feeders on a daily basis, ideally at the same time and in the early morning. This allows local birds to rely on your garden as a reliable and constant source of food as they look to replenish energy lost throughout the night.
- When birds start to visit your feeder, continue to offer food throughout the year. This, as well as refilling feeders at the same time daily, encourages local birds to form a habit of visiting your garden and become repeat visitors. It also helps to protect local birds from the impact of temporary food shortages, which can occur at any time throughout the year.
- Offer fresh, clean drinking water alongside food, either from a Water Drinking for Wild Birds or using a Bird Bath. Having access to a safe source of water can be the difference between life and death for wild animals, particularly through the Summer and Winter months, when other sources of water can quickly dry up or freeze over and become inaccessible.
- Position your feeder around 2m from an area of safe cover, such as shrubs, bushes or trees. This means that your feeder will be easily visible to passing birds, while still offering them a safe area to flee to if they feel threatened by a predator.
- When you first place a bird feeder in your garden, bear in mind that it can take some time for birds to start to use a new feeder. Be patient and continue to ensure that the food remains fresh and dry - you will be well rewarded when your garden is filled with birdsong!
Please be aware that this product contains nuts. Store in a cool, dry place before use.