Attract your favourite small, colourful birds with Peckish Sunflower Hearts for Birds. Sunflower Hearts are the highest energy bird seen available and are loved by species of bird including Goldfinches, Blue Tits and Robins.
Rich with essential oils to promote year round health. Peckish Sunflower Hearts are best fed from a Sunflower Heart Feeder, a Ground Feeder Tray or scattered across a bird table. Different types of bird have different preferences while eating, so using both a hanging feeder and a ground feeder will help to attract the widest variety of birds.
Our tips to attract more birds to your garden:
- Consider the placement of feeders carefully. Ideally, they should be around 2m from the closest area of cover. This ensures that your feeders will be visible to passing birds, but that a feeling of security is provided while the birds eat as they have cover to hide in close by.
- If you are feeding birds in your garden on a regular basis, continue to leave food out throughout the year. When local birds know and recognise your garden as a reliable source of good food, they will be much more likely to become regular visitors.
- Offer fresh, clean drinking water for your feathered guests, either in a special Wild Bird Water Drinker or in a bird bath. Research from the British Trust for Ornithology has found that providing a safe supply of water increases in particular Winter survival rates in a number of species, as regular water supplies freeze or become otherwise inaccessible.
- If you are starting to leave food out for local birds on a regular basis, please be aware that it can take some time for birds to begin to use a new feeder.
- Refill feeders in the early morning where possible, as this ensures that there is always food accessible as birds seek to replace energy lost through the night.
- Help to reduce the spread of disease amongst your local bird population by ensuring that all food offered remains dry and fresh. Any wet food should be discarded daily, as wet food can be a conduit for the spread of harmful bacteria. Feeders and areas where birds gather in your garden should be cleaned on a regular basis, using a bird safe cleaning product such as Johnson's Clean 'n' Safe Bird Disinfectant.
Please be aware that this product contains nuts. Store seed in a cool, dry place. Use within 3 months of opening for best quality. Please be aware that this is not a 'no grow' seed mix - dropped seeds may germinate under the right conditions if discarded seed is not disposed of.