Simple, durable and easy to hang, the Rosewood Cartwheel Energy Ball Feeder is a safer and more environmentally friendly way to offer fat balls to visiting birds in your garden.
Powder coated and made to last, this uniquely shaped feeder can accommodate up to 10 standard sized fat balls. Easy to clean and made entirely from metal.
While traditionally, fat balls have been fed to birds using mesh nets, birds can easily become stuck in these nets and suffer serious injuries such as broken legs. The Peckish Fat Ball Feeder offers a convenient and safe way to feed your visiting birds' favourite Fat Balls safely and with less plastic. This feeder is suitable for standard sized fat balls, including Peckish Energy Balls and Bird Song Fat Balls.
To encourage visiting birds to use this feeder, position is around 2m away from the closest area of safe cover. This will make sure that your feeder is visible to passing birds, while still offering a feeling of security to birds as they eat, as a safe area to hide is closeby.
Our top tips for encouraging more birds to visit your garden:
- Consider providing clean, fresh drinking water alongside feeders. You can use a bird bath or a hanging Wild Bird Water Drinker to dispense the water. Providing a source of safe water not only encourages birds to spend more time in your garden, but also helps your local birds to survive, particularly through the Summer and Winter months, when other sources of water can dry up or freeze over and become inaccessible.
- If birds are visiting your feeders, consider continuing to provide food throughout the year. If local birds recognise your garden as a reliable source of food, they will be more likely to be make a habit of visiting you. Additionally, feeding throughout the year will aid your local wild bird population in the event of temporary food shortages, which can occur in any season.
- If you are new to feeding birds, please note that it may take some time before birds start to use your feeder.
- Refill feeders in the early morning, to ensure that there is always food available when birds are looking to eat to replace energy lost through the night.
- Protect your local bird population by helping to reduce the spread of disease between different birds. All food available to the birds should be fresh and dry; wet food should be discarded on a daily basis, as it can harbour harmful bacteria. Feeders and other areas where birds may gather within your garden, such as bird baths, should be cleaned on a regular basis, using a bird safe cleaning product such as Johnson's Clean 'n' Safe Bird Disinfectant.
Approximate Size: 24cm x 8cm
It is important to take steps to ensure that feeders are kept clean to help to protect local birds from spreading disease between themselves. The food available to birds should be fresh and dry, with any wet food discarded on a daily basis. Wet or damp food can harbour harmful bacteria. Feeders and other areas where birds may gather in your garden, such as bird baths, should be cleaned on a regular basis, using a cleaning product that is safe for use around birds. We recommend Johnson's Clean 'n' Safe Bird Disinfectant.