Treat visiting garden birds to Peckish Natural Balance Energy Balls. Made from 100% natural ingredients, they will attract birds such as Robins, House Sparrows, Chaffinches and Blue Tits to your feeders!
Peckish Natural Balance Energy Balls are free from nets and therefore are a safer and more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional fat balls that come in a mesh net. Simply place the fat balls into an appropriate Fat Ball Feeder
and hang in your garden. We recommend situating feeders around 2m from the closest area of safe cover; this ensures that the feeder is visible to passing birds, but still feels like a safe location for the bird to eat as they have a place to retreat to if a predator arrives.
Our top tips for encouraging more birds to visit your garden:
- Consider providing clean, fresh drinking water alongside feeders. You can use a bird bath or a hanging Wild Bird Water Drinker to dispense the water. Providing a source of safe water not only encourages birds to spend more time in your garden, but also helps your local birds to survive, particularly through the Summer and Winter months, when other sources of water can dry up or freeze over and become inaccessible.
- If birds are visiting your feeders, consider continuing to provide food throughout the year. If local birds recognise your garden as a reliable source of food, they will be more likely to be make a habit of visiting you. Additionally, feeding throughout the year will aid your local wild bird population in the event of temporary food shortages, which can occur in any season.
- If you are new to feeding birds, please note that it may take some time before birds start to use your feeder.
- Refill feeders in the early morning, to ensure that there is always food available when birds are looking to eat to replace energy lost through the night.
- Protect your local bird population by helping to reduce the spread of disease between different birds. All food available to the birds should be fresh and dry; wet food should be discarded on a daily basis, as it can harbour harmful bacteria. Feeders and other areas where birds may gather within your garden, such as bird baths, should be cleaned on a regular basis, using a bird safe cleaning product such as Johnson's Clean 'n' Safe Bird Disinfectant.
Please note that this product contains nuts. Store Energy Balls in a cool, dry place and use within 3 months of opening for optimum quality.
Ingredients: Beef Tallow, Sunflower Seed (4%), Wheat, Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Red Dari, Ground Maize, Ground Mixed Seeds.